Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Physical Development

Is anyone 'old enough' to remember the 'Persil Funfit' scheme? :blink: ;) It was introduced by Persil around about 1993 with the aim of promoting fun and fitness to children (as well as brand loyalty!). In return for a number of collected points schools, pre-schools, gym clubs etc could register for the scheme and receive a resource pack and teaching materials.

I have been using the assessment tool for nearly twenty years now :o and it works really well. So, with the importance of 'Physical development' now recognised, I want to share the assessment tool with anyone who would like to use it!

Basically, the programme is divided into three areas - ABC - 'Action', 'Balance' and 'Coordination'. Each area contains 10 activities. My nursery children work toward these during their time in F1 - this might be during outdoor play or I might allocate hall time to work on specific areas. If a child achieves 3 activities in each area he or she receives a 'bronze' award certificate, 6 for a 'silver' award and 9 for a 'gold' award. The certificates are presented to the children when they leave F1.

The original scheme provided badges and certificates, but I just use my own certificates now.

I have attached a 'class list' for each area - I would also like to attach an individual record sheet (which I have adapted), but am concerned that this might have copyright implications :ph34r: - perhaps someone could advise on this? If you're interested you could email me - and of course, you could easily produce your own!

Hope you find them useful!

Funfit - Class record - ACTION.doc

Funfit - Class record - BALANCE.doc

Funfit - Class record - CO-ORDINATION.doc

oh boy that's a blast from the past! my oldest daughter used to do this at gym club when she was 2/3 the gym leader was looking for an assistant and i volunteered (! must stop doing that....that's how i ended up in this job!!) i was still working doing gym sessions up to 4 weeks before i gave birth to my second!. Thanks for the memories! definitely been doing this job too long :rolleyes: :blink:

Thanks for those Devonmaid - I'm way too young to remember this first time round :rolleyes: but love how physical development has been thrust to the fore so will be using these to add in some additional challenges for our group - we appear to be a competitive bunch!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)