Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Competition Entries?

We enter a local competition 2 or 3 times a year for a bit of fun. Its run by a local society and has an 'under 8's' section. Usually there is quite a narrow brief such as a drawing of a flower or a house and a garden. Usually one or two of our children win prizes - a (very) small amount of money and some sweets and everyone gets a small prize for entering. The children love it!

The next competition is on September 8th and the only brief is 'any craft item'. We are open all summer so have time to make things, but are a bit stuck with what...

The children involved are between 3 and 8 years.

Any ideas welcome...

Thanks!

Beehive

How exciting, it sounds to me like they have given you complete free rein for this, collage, junk modelling, natural resources for transient art, finger, hand or foot paintings, bubbles painting - absolutely anything goes I guess with 'any craft items'.

Maybe the older children could have a go at sewing something simple with felt.

Does it have to be individual entries or can they do something collectively?

Have fun with it and good luck I hope you get some winners!

I haven't any specific ideas yet (I'll think about it) but perhaps would be nice to use either items from nature, or recycled items ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)