Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keeping Up To Date!

Although not in preschools any more I would still like to keep up to date,can I still attend Early Years courses?Nannying at the moment.East Sussex ,maybe Steve will be able to guide me on this!!

Hi oldtimer -

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to, although there's frequently a charge for cluster groups and other courses which ordinarily your setting would probably have picked up.

I know someone at the training department in the EYDCP for East Sussex, so I'll ask them what their policy is. :)

Hi oldtimer -

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to, although there's frequently a charge for cluster groups and other courses which ordinarily your setting would probably have picked up.

I know someone at the training department in the EYDCP for East Sussex, so I'll ask them what their policy is.  :)

36082[/snapback]

Thank you Steve!

Oh you have made my day Steve!! Really keen to continue to go on courses as I love them and always learn something new every time and as the Ofsted Inspector said if you learn something new then it has been a success!

No message as yet!but you can still have 5 gold stars!

You're welcome oldtimer. It might take a few days, as I know she's very busy!

I've changed your location for you by the way! :)

Incidentally, I'm about to disappear from the radar, as I'm off to see my father in Norfolk for a few days. They don't have the internet where my dad lives ( :o ) so if there are any more replies to this conversation, I'm not being rude, just deprived of the means of communication...

Edited by Guest

You're welcome oldtimer. It might take a few days, as I know she's very busy!

I've changed your location for you by the way!  :)

Incidentally, I'm about to disappear from the radar, as I'm off to see my father in Norfolk for a few days. They don't have the internet where my dad lives (  :o  ) so if there are any more replies to this conversation, I'm not being rude, just deprived of the means of communication...

36326[/snapback]

Thanks!I feel my new life has started now!!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a e mail from the Head of Training.Need to be in a setting or be a childminder to attend courses.A pity as think Nannies need to gain knowledge and keep up todate.Thanks anyway Steve and Helen. :o

Hi Oldtimer,

Not quite what you were after but Nursery World has a supplement called Nanny, which comes out a few times during the year, plus NW is how I keep up to date with external ( Government) developments. They also have a website.

Peggy

This is really for employers to get theirr nannies crb checked and to see if they have done a First Aid course in the last three years.The cost is £95!

Will just have to accept that its time to sit back and use the knowledge that I have !

Many thanks to everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Oldtimer -

Sorry, I've only just caught up with this after my (unexpectedly extended!) holiday.

I'm sorry to hear the response wasn't more positive! It seems strange that only currently employed people can attend these courses, as frequently they seem to struggle to fill all the spaces...

There is an alternative series of courses run by the SIS (school improvement service) for pre-school practitioners and reception teachers. Although you have to pay for the courses, it seems to be subsidised for pre-school practitioners and some of them look quite appropriate (although based around 'paperwork' which I know you love! :o ).

I don't know these people so I don't know if they would be happy for you to take part while you're not currently employed, but you could have a chat to them - call Abby Connelly on 01323 432236.

Good luck! :)

Hi Oldtimer -

Sorry, I've only just caught up with this after my (unexpectedly extended!) holiday.

I'm sorry to hear the response wasn't more positive! It seems strange that only currently employed people can attend these courses, as frequently they seem to struggle to fill all the spaces...

There is an alternative series of courses run by the SIS (school improvement service) for pre-school practitioners and reception teachers. Although you have to pay for the courses, it seems to be subsidised for pre-school practitioners and some of them look quite appropriate (although based around 'paperwork' which I know you love!  :o  ).

I don't know these people so I don't know if they would be happy for you to take part while you're not currently employed, but you could have a chat to them - call Abby Connelly on 01323 432236.

Good luck!  :)

37469[/snapback]

Thank you Steve.I will give them a ring when I get back from holiday.Off to Spain with my two brothers and my eldery Mum of 88!It has been a long time since we have all been to-gether!Leaving hubby to do a little decorating!

If you ever need supply staff on a tuesday,wednesday or a friday e mail me!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)