Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Format...covering 3 Year Groups

Hope someone can advise, sorry to talk shop in the holidays but I can't switch off until I sort this! Sad I know.

I am newish to EYFS and inherited a planning format which covered N/R/Y1. They worked towards only one plan to cover the whole day as one session. Before that apparently there had been one plan for N/R Lit, one for Number and a third for afternoon R/Y1. This was abandoned as they felt it should all follow a full day plan and not be separate, they said as it as a unit, all should be on one plan. What do others do? Im torn as I don't want to be seen to be belittling anyone's work.

Sorry its a long one.

Edited by Still0learning

• 3 weeks later...

I would have thought that differentiating over such a huge age band was a nightmare! There are NC things that R and Y1 will be doing that are simply above the heads of N, surely. I am preschool, with the N age group, and I know that this September's cohort could not possibly cope with what last years were able to do, never mind anything else! Presumably you have a TA? could they perhaps take on the responsibility for N?

Sorry to not be very much help

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)