Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tables For Two Year Old Room

Guest sn0wdr0p

Guest sn0wdr0p

I need some tables and chairs for my 2-3 year old childrens room and I am struggling to find any the right size.

I have tried TTS, GLS etc and all I seem to find are tables suitable for 18-24 months and 3-4 years.

I am on a budget and need a few so community playthings and the like are sadly out of my range (one day-in my dreams-I will be able to shop in their catalogue. I just need to double the number of children I have).

Can any of you point me in the direction of a supplier please?

I would definately spend my money with Community Playthings...............the tables are the correct height for tinies...............and you can buy some legs that are adjustable to any height you wish, so they could be moved around several rooms if necessary. There is the Woodcrest range, or the Multi tables. If you are stuck on which to buy, their staff are incredibly helpful.

I bought all my wooden chairs from Moreleys and though they are nice, they are not as beautiful as CP ones, but were a lot cheaper. Problem is, they slide around the floor and when I asked Moreley's for help to solve this, they sold me some nasty, pronged plastic things to nail into each chair leg. This didn't work, if anything it made matters worse. So I was dleighted when I saw them at the Birmingham trade fair and went to explain the problem and ask if there was anything else I could try...........as they used to sell rubber feet, which would have helped enormously. Their response ( senior sales people!), 'oh, try B & Q, they might have some sticky tabs or something that would do it; we can't help'.............they'll not be getting any more of my money! As and when I can afford it, their chairs will go to be replaced with............CP ones.

I no longer use Morley's either as their Captain's chairs we bought for our 2 year olds kept breaking. Each time it happened I would ring them up and they would tell me someone would come and collect the broken one and replace it. Sometimes it took 2 -3 months for the chair to be collected and every single time they sent me an invoice for a replacement chair. I didn't pay them of course, but in the end I just got fed up with them. We have a few Community Playthings items and they are brilliant but are out of so many people's price range (including ours most of the time!)

Have you tried IKEA?

Beehive

www.churchbuyinggroup.co.uk

If you want Gopak folding tables try looking above.

I've used them twice and recieved fantastic service, as we are open mornings only in an unmanned village hall they made sure the delivery people delivered when we were in.

No minimum order

I did receive a damaged table once, but it was replaced within days

Guest sn0wdr0p

What a shame about Morleys. I had a look and they had tables for 24-36 months. I have only found Gopak tables at a height suitable for 36 months so will have a look at The Churchbuyinggroup.

I have bought Ikea table tops and legs before and my husband cut the legs down but the tops have only survived a year and are looking rather battered at the edges, however the complete cost only came to about £16 in total per table so maybe I will have to do this again.

Oh well another 120 mile round trip to Ikea then. OK I love an excuse to go.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)