Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Camera Policy

bizzylizzy

Its states in the safegarding of the new eyfs that all settings must have a mobile phone/ camera policy, well we already have a very good mobile phone policy but not a camera policy. Can anyone help? does anyone already have a policy about camera's.

Yes we have had one for ages covers who will use a camera where/when. How photographs are printed/stored and how they will be used. On admission all parents sign an agreement which spells out these issues. Of course they have the option to choose not to let there child be photographed. Sorry I haven't got a copy on my computer that I can upload but hope this helps a bit

...and don't forget iPads/iPods!!

I am technological illiterate so if someone could help that would be great - I know that the iPads/pods can be synced to iTunes to upload photos taken with other cameras and music stored on laptops (get me!) but does anyone know how secure iTunes is/how they use what is on the account/access the information stored on the devices/laptops that iTunes is on (thinking cookies etc)

there are some fantastic ways to use these devices to support and reflect on learning with the children and share it with parents (also iCloud...but I'm not in that zone yet!) but I'm also concerned that once the internet is involved it's a different ball game (thinking 3rd party access to our data rather than a staff misusing the technology)

Also guessing the use/story of memory cards/usb pens/external hard drives/cd's would need to be touched upon?

Our policy is for mobile phones and any other recording devices (or similar wording) Sorry I dont have it on this machine, so cannot recall the exact title. However when we wrote it, it was worded to include not just the use of cameras on phones but all other devices that were able to record images.that would include use of phones,cameras, laptops, ipods/pads etc.

WOW - that Plymouth stuff is brilliant - I especially like the Web Safety 'poster/advice' by a 9 year old - thanks for finding and sharing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ours is fairly basic but I tried to make it cover all the angles. Hope it helps.

• "Unless you have permission from a manager, you must not:

• Take photographs of any child other than with the nursery camera.
  • Remove images of any child from the premises.

Photographs taken with the nursery camera are sent away for processing. Any images including partially clothed children – usually of babies in the water tank- will be printed on the premises and only the remainder sent away."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)