Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Passed Foundation Degree!

Tigger

go for it girl!!! ..... there's nothing quite like living on the edge of your capabilities. It surprises and rewards not only yourself but many others. To take chances and feel that exhilaration of proving yourself is great. Enjoy and feel proud!

Skylight

• 4 weeks later...

hi sharon, congrats on finishing your FD.

I'm about to start :) and i'm a little bit apprenhensive about trying to juggle work and my daughter as well as have a social life.

i'm not sure if the nursery am at is equipped for me to be able to finish the course.

I'm currently running the baby room and i know it's gonna be hard work.

Did you have to read up on a lot of therioes?

Are there any special books you have to buy?

Edited by happy lady

Congratulations - I bet as others have said you are feeling on cloud nine - well done, just think no studying over the summer - how lovely.

I think for everyone out there who is considering doing any further training - if it is something that you enjoy you will find time for it. I don't think it is easy but somehow we all seem to manage.

Good luck with your next endeavours - I always wonder what I will do with my time when I finish but looking at the state of my house, decorating, etc I think I know. But as I hate doing any of these things - perhaps I will go for more study.

Just to let eveyrone know the EYPS Prospectus is now on the CWDC site - this may have a bearing on what you choose to do in the future with regard to future training. I am trying to work out what I need to do to gain it but I don't think I am able to as I work in a sessional setting - seems a bit unclear - any thoughts from anyone.

Nikki

Hello everyone,

Thanks for continued posts, I have got a place on the GTP starting in September. : :):)

Whilst this is great it does mean I have had to hand my notice in for my job as Nursery Nurse at my school. I have loved this job and it has been with mixed feelings when I saw MY job advertised. However despite having some moments when I feel terrified I also know teaching, is what i really want to do. The scary bit is I will be starting in a Year One class and so will spend my summer getting to know the national curriculum. The easy option would be to stay within the Foundation stage but i am hoping to use my knowledge of transition gleemed through my dissertation to carry on the best of Foundation stage practice.

This is all dependent upon my degree results due this week!!!!!!!!!! :o

Happy Lady, Your tutors will give you reading lists and yes there is alot of reading I found these books very useful and they can be found in nearly all my assignment reference lists:

Starting from The Child by Julie Fisher,

Young Children's Personal, Social and Emotional Development by Marion Dowling,

Understanding Children's Development by Smith, Cowie and Blades

Margaret Edgington The Foundation Stage Teacher in Action

Developing Early Years Practice By Linda Miller et al

These are all fairly easy to read The Advanced Early Years Care and Education by Macleod and Brudenel book is a good allrounder as a starting point but our tutor and more importantly our extternal marker (as they were marking our work!) didn't like it used within assignments just as a starting point?!?!

Hope this helps and doesn't make you panic!

Sharon

Welcome from me too Happy Lady, I am starting the FD in September, so thanks for your question,(about the reference reading) if you look in the posts that I have previously made I am a little apprehensive about fitting it all in too, so you are not alone, hopefully the forum will support us - good luck, keep in touch :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)