Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Positive Outdoor Statements

Hi all, we recently held our jubilee party in our new building and it was the first time that some of the parents had spent any time in our outdoor area. It was great to hear so many positive comments about what a great space it was as we have worked hard on this area during the last five months. I did however hear a couple of parents comment that they can see why their children come home dirty and dusty!!! This is because our hill and tunnel area needs re-turfing and is down to bare soil/dust, we are not going to do this until the summer holidays as the children would have to stay off it. Anyway I have got lots of photos of all the children and activities that we do outside and want to make a positive display for parents. I would like to put some comments around the display that makes it clear what the children are learning and gaining from being outside. I just wondered what everyone else would consider to be the most important statements to put? Also does anyone have a poem about the benefits of being outside? that I could add.

Look forward to reading your replies.

I put lots of pictures and comments about learning experiences that could only take place outside, and what learning we got from it on our 'Why outdoors' dsiplay. I also put comments from the EYFS about the importance of outdoor play to back it up

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)