Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Olympics

• 2 weeks later...

Not very much!

The flame 'passes' us at about 7.30am on a Saturday - not actually near us 5 miles away (but should drive past my door in it's van or whatever).

The children at the moment are showing not interest - even though I made a 'torch' for our display. We may have a mini event- IF and that's a bit if - the children do start showing an interest.

We have made a few flags - but that stemmed from the jubliee week-end and thinking about other countries/cultures.

It's like everything- the children get into it after the event! and seeing as the actual thing doesn't start till after we break-up.......

Also we have some very competitive children at the moment, so we're currently working on the 'it's not the winning - it's the taking part'!!!!! .........we had a couple of major strops at the 'Big toddle event .... xD :lol: xD :lol: xD

• Like 1

Good for you Louby Loo. A lot of our children saw the torch, because it landed six miles from where we live and their was a lot of excitment about it at the time, but now it is all forgotten. I was thinking of covering it in the inside enviroment by doing a display etc, but as you have pointed out we are on summer holidays when it all happens. Think we shall just be carried along with our beach and pirate fun for the rest of the term!!! As I have said earlier we are signed up for a sports event, but we would be doing sports day anyway. Thank you for making me feel that its the right decision. :1b

Edited by zigzag

• 2 weeks later...

I am a registered childminder and we are planning an Olympics family fun day, we have invited 2 other settings and their families to join us for some good old family fun, we also have a torch bearer coming to give out medals and allow the children to hold the torch and have photo's taken , can't wait

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)