Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Painting Outside

Guest terrydoo73

Guest terrydoo73

With all this brilliant weather we have been having this last week we have taken most of our resources outdoors. I have an ELC easel - wipeboard on one side and a blackboard on the other. We use it as a painting easel allowing 2 children to paint at one time but we are having a problem with firstly the paper staying on the board - there are 2 clips supplied with the board which do not hold the page tight enough and then secondly with the pots of paint staying upright. We use the pots with lids and a paintbrush in the middle but they seem to keep flying off onto the ground and making such a mess - thankfully it is outdoors! What does anyone else use? Perhaps someone has a suggestion for how to keep the paper on the board and the paint pots upright???

• Like 1

Hi, not come across the problem with the paintpots but the clips on those easels are dreadful aren't they! We have used pegs tied to string so they dangle down a little way on the board, much easier! We have also taped newspaper around the boards too to keep the board paint free.

• Like 1

I have that same easel. Rubbish clips. I use magnets which are full of 'enhanced activity opportunities' -

PD - how far can you throw them/carry them?

KNW - how many can you stack on top of each other magnetically before they fall all over the floor?

CD - how many different colours can you paint over them then let them look at the lovely painty patterns all over the floor?

CLLD - can you paint all over the letters on the side of the easel? Ohh... what sounds do they make?

PRSN - see above substituting numbers for letters

PSED - Does all that stuff make you happy Sweetie?

Go Narnia's idea. Can you tell I'm a bit annoyed with mine - Such a shame it looks so good.

Honey

• Like 1

yes at the moment we too have been sticking lining paper with parcel tape to the fence and left it up...been drying so quickly which we are fortunate with! the cheap decorating/paint trays with rollars are brilliant for this.

We have then replaced it but the children have been let loose with scissors and cutting shapes and patterns out of the painted paper.

We have canvas sheets stapled to our fence, few pots of paint, job done. Lots of mess but it's outdoors so it's not a problem :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)