Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Revised Eyfs Profile

According the foundationyears.org website the profile new materials were supposed to be launched in April

The EYFS Profile 2012

The EYFS requires that all children are assessed in the summer term of their reception year. This assessment is called the EYFS Profile. In autumn 2012, the Standards and Testing Agency (STA), an executive agency of the Department for Education, will publish the EYFS Profile Handbook, which is designed to support teachers and other professionals to undertake EYFS Profile assessments. The Handbook will be supported by exemplification material, which offers a point of reference to help teachers and other professionals to make accurate judgements about each child’s level of attainment.

During spring and summer 2012,a number of local authorities and schools have agreed to trial the new EYFS Profile. The STA will produce an interim Handbook and exemplification material to support these trials, which will be launched in April. We will provide further information on the trials in due course.

Just wondering if anyone knows more than this?

Nope, it's not going to be out until the early Autumn.

Moderation managers (or it may just be the people who were on the exemplification working group, I'm not entirely certain) have been able to see the draft but it is covered in DfE restricted warnings and advice that it is all subject to change, so if I say much more they'll have to kill me I suspect.

Because the pilot can only be done in real time, ie when the children are really being assessed at 5 they won't have the full picture re how it works etc until the end of the summer. They had to fit in with the Department's timeline for the EYFS so it has been difficult to get it all together. Without some very dedicated people on STA arguing the case you wouldn't have had exemplification I suspect!!

I'm hoping my exemplars end up in the final doc!!

However the ELGs will be the basis of the expected descriptors and then you would judge if children are below, at or above the ELg based on all your evidence collected as previously.

cx

Hi there. I was just wondering if anyone thinks that the ELG's (New Profile) will only be assessed when the children are in Reception or do you think Nursery will have to do it too so that Reception can see how children are entering into Reception? At the moment the Nursery teachers in my school are completing assessment for the Development Matters and also for the Profile, so that is two lots of assessment which is a lot of work. I am hoping that Nursery and Reception have to use the same Development Matters guidance and from the termly brushstrokes analysis I do, staff will see how children are entering Reception (and Nursery). I hope this makes sense but I would be very grateful for any responses :rolleyes:

Thanks for that Catma - how frustrating not to be able to see this before the implementation! it would have been good to have it before Autumn as that way settings can make important decisions re any alterations to their systems if they feel it is necessary.

And there you go Rachael 1820 - my 1,000 post - wouldn't have noticed that if you hadn't have pointed it out!

Hi there. I was just wondering if anyone thinks that the ELG's (New Profile) will only be assessed when the children are in Reception or do you think Nursery will have to do it too so that Reception can see how children are entering into Reception? At the moment the Nursery teachers in my school are completing assessment for the Development Matters and also for the Profile, so that is two lots of assessment which is a lot of work. I am hoping that Nursery and Reception have to use the same Development Matters guidance and from the termly brushstrokes analysis I do, staff will see how children are entering Reception (and Nursery). I hope this makes sense but I would be very grateful for any responses :rolleyes:

On entry to R will be based more as a continuum through the unique child (dev matters) with the EYFSP as a final statutory assessment as I understand it from work with STA.

Cx

Thanks for the reply. That is what I thought and was hoping really. So do you think schools will still be expecting termly analysis of how children are progressing towards achieing the ELGs? :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)