Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

'e' Learning Credits

I will be recieving £300 worth of 'e' learning credits. We are lucky to have a computer with plenty of games for the children to play with. Does anyone have suggestions as to what I can spend the money on? Or suggest some good catalogues with their contact number please.

Many thanks

Angie

If it doesn't have to be software you could get roamer or similar... someone suggested something on another post I was reading recently - might have been fonts?

Don't know whether I've tuned into this half way through - so not sure what sort of setting etc you are, but I'm in Reception and have been feeling we're a bit lacking in ict stuff. We have computer and a range of software and access to a Roamer/digital camera/listening centre. Have also bought things like a kettle that makes a gurgling noise (awareness of technology in the wider world).

I'm looking at buying romote control cars (Beep and Bop, or Bee-Bots), possible a pop-up toaster/microwave etc for the home corner. I've also seen a 'metal detector' and the video recorder (does about 1 or 2 minutes of videoing.

Child Ed had a leaflet in the lastest edition for Early Steps - Active ICT. They have an Early Years ICT Collection for £256.49 which has a variety of ICT equipment - not suitable for me as I have some of the things, but might be worth a look if your only ICT stuff is computer and software (I assume you'd be able to use e-credits) - 0800 318686.

Pack includes - 50 exciting ways to use a digital camera book

Walkie Talkies

Cassette recorder

Long armed metal detector

2 remote control bugs

scanner till

digital movie creator

washing machine

microwave

(batteries and support notes)

PS - if anyone has used the Bee-bots or a metal detector with reception class I'd love to know how you got on.

Harricroft

Unfortunately you are limited as to what you can spend your credits on. You can only buy software-no computers, white boards etc. In fact no hardware at all.

I have bought programs from Neptune and Sherston recently.

Linda

Unfortunately here in West Sussex, "they" decided to pool my allocated e learning credits (without asking or informing until it was finalised). Now apparently there are three areas where we can go and borrow software. Has anyone in West Sussex borrowed any software from the ICT libraries?

I personally would have preferred to have received my own credits to buy what I wanted for my own Pre-school.

Sue J

Linda I had a quick look on both of the sites. It's really quite expensive, however, we are getting £300.

Harricroft, you have given me some interesting ideas, as I was just thinking of buying software for the computer.

Angie

before buying check that you are able to use the credits for it... we have been told it must be spent on software for a pc and is only given to groups able to do this...

unfortunately none of the suggestions given by Harricroft apply.... (our early years department are campaigning for a change in rules but will they take any notice?)

they should be spent on items from a Curriculum on line site and not include hardware as Linda says.

Please check that what you buy can actually be covered by the credits....having said that if they do not check how you spent the money?...but they may !!!

we use Pink Cow and are able to try before you buy for a month, return it if it is no good they even pay postage! prices not too bad either. we have even used them just to borrow the software and return it without buying with no problems.

Inge

I've had 'Musical Leaps and Bounds' from Sherston software for some time in Nursery. Used it on the whiteboard, but it can also be used on the pc. Children love it and they use it in large groups (6 to 10 sometimes). You might be able to get a copy on approval.

J

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)