Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Numbers/maths Equivalent?

I was just wondering if any one knows the Maths equivalent to the Letters and sounds framework? Would like some guidance to show to my staff!!

Is it numbers and patterns? If so, does anybody use this....how? and is it useful?

Thanks in advance :)

I thought it was numbers and patterns too - we are just beginning to put something together from it. The numbers and patterns will form the backbone and then we are fitting it around the revised EYFS Mathematics section. I also read somewhere about Little Big Maths but can't find many people who are using it to find out more?

There were 2 guidance documents from the strategies about a year or so ago.

Numbers and Patterns was aimed at reception and year 1 - therefore is pitched at ELG/NC It is essentially a teaching programme for small group wave 2 work to enable children to plug gaps in knowledge as they move into KS1.

The other guidance "children thinking mathematically" was for practitioners and gave guidance on mathematical development.

Cx

Guest ShelleyT

I couldn't get to grips with numbers and patterns, and didn't find it at all helpful that they didn't include all three aspects of PSRN!

Guest ChunkyMan

Hi, we decided to have a numbertime session in a similar way that we have with phonics across the 2 F2 classes, we have 5 groups which last 20 mins and are differentiated according to ability - from scale point 3 upto scale point 9 - we concentrate on NLC and Cal as SSM can be addressed in CI and TL activities and the provision. We have found it really effective as we are more better equipped to target specific skills/abilities esp the upper and lower ability ranges.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)