Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Olympics

We are going to have an olympic week at our setting.

I was wondering if anyone has any fresh idea's regarding PE activities. We are a bit bored of the same old thing such as throwing bean bags into nets etc.

We need 'countable' activities such as how many times they could bounce a ball in 1 minute.

It would be nice to have something a bit more exciting !

Thanks

• Like 1

Oooh, Space hoopers! I may have to steal that idea!

We haven't got any grand ideas yet, but are working on it...

I glanced through the post today and we had been sent something from the British heart foundation about pre-school olympics. Put it to one side to bring home but it's still sitting on the desk!!. I will bing it home tomorrow and look through it and let you know. I think you sign up and are sent some resources. Will post more tomorrow.

• Like 1

Ok actually had time to look at the post!! It's called Artie's olympics and is run by the BHF. You get sent a resources pack and over the course of a few weeks, you teach the children new games and activities. This then culminates in an Artie's oylmpics day when the children carry out the selected five games in front of an audience. Sponsorship is required and your setting gets to keep 20%. I am going to sign us up as we always do one charity event each year and this will tick all the boxes in one; charity, olympics and sports day. You can register on the BHF website, click on the schools link through to Artie's olympics.

Have fun!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)