Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince

Well, just finished reading it. Great book, can't wait for the last instalment.

Am now a bit sunburnt from sitting in the garden since 10am.

Highly recommend the book to all.

I have just started mine after picking it up at about 12.30am on Saturday morning!! I have to say, and I know this won't spoil it for anybody, but I wish she hadn't started it in the PM's office in Downing Street! I have an image of Tony Blair in my head-which is very off putting. I have made a decision that the PM should be Bauldrick and am now imagining him instead!! I wonder if he has "a cunnining plan"??????

Linda

Enjoyed it too, but I have to say I think it lacked the excitement of earlier books: earlier Harry/Voldemort encounters have previously left me breathless. I kept waiting for the excitement at the end, but it never materialised.

Having said that, I kept the pages turning and I think the intricacies of the storyline are very cleverly written. I can't wait for the finale!

Now I suppose I should get back to that assignment!

Maz

If ANYONE gives away the secret of which major character dies in this conversation, I'll think of a really unpleasant signature to add to the end of all your posts! :o

(Well it's still a secret to me...)

I went to tesco Stockport at 2am on Saturday morning as I couldn't sleep so thought I may as well buy it then rather than get up earlier than I had to!

I'm only 6 chapters in, but I'm really enjoying it.

I agree with others that we shouldn't discuss what happens in the plot for a good few months yet, to give all time to read it!

I have o say that I don't see what all the fuss is about. I rad the last chapter and that was all that was needed. Roll on the next book to see what does actually happen in the end. If only I could be as successful.....

Guest MaryEMac

Postman delivered Potter just before 9.30am on Saturday, I finished it at 3.30 on Saturday afternoon. It wasn't as exciting as previous episodes but thoroughly enjoyable. The only problem is that I'm not allowed to talk about it cos no-one else has read it yet. Hopefully one of the year 5 boys at school has read it so we can talk at lunchtime tomorrow. Now what can I read............'Are you ready for ofsted?'!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone has a restful summer, Mary :)

Be careful though, MaryEMac

You confuse the Half-blood Prince and "Are you Ready for your Inspection"...

Do you think JK Rowling has ever worked in a pre-school during an Inspection? Maybe that's where she got the idea for Dementors....

Maz

I finished it on Saturday morning. I have to say I really enjoyed it and like Net I am looking forward to the next one-I just hope she gets a wriggle on with it!!!

Linda

Don't hold your breath Hali - it will be some months before it comes out in paperback!

Looks like you'll just have to pay excess baggage!

Mind you, I suppose that all depends on when you're travelling. Go any floo powder handy??

Maz