Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Letter For Children Starting In September

Hello,

I am due to send out our welcome letter to new parents and children who have been offered places in year R for September. However I have also found out that the same letter has been sent out for nearly 15yrs!! Any help or support with what you include in your letters, format etc would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :D

Hi lulubelle I see nobody has answered you yet. We are pre-school but in our welcome pack for parent/carers at our setting we include a welcome letter, sessions chosen, personal details forms, consent forms, a uniform form which of course is optional, keyperson, we also include a ethnic data form again optional to be including how data is stored and protected. As well as our prospectus. Although your letter maybe some fifteen years old is it still relevant to you, that's what's important. Kind regards F.

Again a preschool here, but would add that from September I will be adding a guide to the revised EYFS as well. I also think it's worth adding some practical information ie. velcro shoes are easier than buckles, elastic waists rather than belts etc. I also think details on how to contact the staff is also important, ie end of session, note to teacher, emergency phone number etc.

Hi

I'm in Reception too. Out first letter is just 'we look forward to welcoming you into our school community, we would like to invite parents/carers to a meeting on ... to find out about our school, meet the teachers, look around the classrooms.' etc. I put a reply slip at the bottom so I know if they are coming and this year I am asking them to tell me what pre-school their child is at so that I can start planning visits as our induction meeting isn't till the end of this term and I've got about 12 feeder settings to visit.

The pack we give them at the meeting has our reception booklet with info, dates, who's who etc in it. Plus standard admission forms etc.

Hope that helps.

Becs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)