Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Grants

thumperrabbit

I have just found out that a decrease in our funding means that we are now 80p per child, per day worse off after Easter :angry:

We are continually fundraising to just keep afloat, which means we don't have enough money to replace resources, but as we haven't replaced any resources for over 2-3 years now many things are broken/tired.

So I feel the time has come to try and access some grants, none of us staff or committee have ever done anything like this before and it all seems such a huge job!

Could anybody recommend anywhere they have accessed money and where the process wasn't too difficult to get us 'in the zone'?!

Hi thumper rabbit - I asked for help at the Christmas play and one of the grandparents said she could give us an hour of her tme per week for whatever as long it was not ofsted related ( ex head teacher) i aksed her if she could become our researcher for grants etc and she has. There is a website you can register with will get details for you and post later-you fill in your details and all details of grants throughout the country come up. also look at Tesco for community grants - any big companies in your area - FORDS do one for ex workers or links with them - ideally see if you can find someone who can do just this job for you as it is a task and a half. do you have an airport close - Stansted is near us and they do a stansted community grant to help charities within a certain distance of airport.

• Like 1

Thanks very much, I'll have a look.

I've been trying to get someone to look at grants for at least 18months now, and I've come to the conclusion in my group 'if I don't do it, it won't get done' :(

I know that feeling!!

I had an email last week form something called 'The Big Give' I didnt have time to read it but this is the link http://www.thebiggive.org.uk/

great advise to ask for parents help there's often a wealth of talent in parents either to help with extra fundraising, searching out grants an some parents are longing for something to get their teeth into

I'd check with your early years adviser they may also have access to various funds or point you in the direction of local grants available we have a voluntary services adviser and their specialty is accessing funding, once you start writing the application letters it will become less daunting (also ask your early years advisor if they do grant application work shops?)

check with your local library they often have a section of books with list of organisations that give out grants

Dont be afraid to ask the local small businesses to sponsor some toys in return for some PR in the local papers, sometimes its better advertising to be seen donating toys to a preschool and have a photo taken in the local paper than for them to just pay for an advert in the paper

good luck with your quest

• Like 2

Guest babyjane31

Ho we've successfully applied for grants from Tesco community fund and the national lottery both processes were straight forward and relatively simpl. We have also received funding from our development team including funding for new resources, funding to expand our provision when we set up and After school club and also when we were really struggling we did get a sustainability grant to get us over a cash flow problem. What we did is I found a list of potential grants from the organisation above that someone already mentioned and then myself and each committee member took a few each in investigate and apply for.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)