Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Egg Incubators

hello does anyone know of where i can hire an egg incubator and everything else you need to have to watch eggs hatching from im in the worcestershire area.thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We decided to go ahead and buy an incubator, brooder and chick food - it worked out at £105 for everything (same one as all the hire companies use) and the eggs came free! We used happychicks.co.uk - they were great.

We are rural though, and have families (and staff) who want to take the chicks when they hatch. Even the cockerels are going to be fattened and eaten (haven't decided yet whether to tell the kids...). The incubator is currently sitting on my work surface humming gently so I can turn the eggs over the weekend. I've also set up a webcam on our website which will go live the week they're due to hatch.

It's a great thing to do - it's really starting to give some of my littlies a sense of time. One little boy sat for 40 mins the other day watching them - no matter how much we explained, he was convinced that they were going to hatch any minute!

Kath

We have got a Living Eggs project on the go at the moment. Having great fun and the children and parents are absolutely loving it. Had 12 eggs 9 of which hatched.

You might like these :wub:

post-9650-0-33131100-1335804408_thumb.jpg

post-9650-0-94537000-1335804454_thumb.jpg

post-9650-0-16463000-1335804532_thumb.jpg

post-9650-0-36942100-1335804660_thumb.jpg

They are v. sweet - am pleased to say that not all of them are going back to the farm either - one of my staff team keeps chickens so she is having 2 girls and one of the mum's (ex. vet nurse) has asked if she can have the other three girls - both have promised faithfully to bring them back for visits.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)