Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Really Need Advice.. Help!

A Early Learning Journey has gone missing/stolen.... gone.... cant be found!

What would you do? I see this as being a huge breach of confidentiality and would like other opinons before I go stir crazy!!

It was left in the office, in a bag...... by the supervisor!!

Opinons please?

Okay don't panic, things that goes missing rarely remain so, what sort of bag was it in, could it have been discarded with the rubbish by mistake. Who has access to the room/office it was left in, could it have been moved by accident. Whenever I mislay something I try to retrace my steps and hey presto I find it. If on the other hand you truly do believe it has been stolen then you must follow your procedures as for any other stolen item. Hope it turns up really soon.

Don't panic - often as we all know once the panic sets in all common sense goes out. Are you sure that one file has not become tucked in the other? Are you sure that it hasn't been put somewhere else but in the panic of it not being where you first thought you've forgotten? Why was it in the bag? Had the supervisor taken them home to work on? has she left it at home by mistake and doesn't want to admit it?

Take a deep breath, have a systematic search everywhere, calmly and methodically and you might well find it in the fridge..... ;) B)

• Like 1

Is it definitely missing? I always find that the harder it is it find something the less lost it really is, I mean it's more than likely it's been put somewhere deliberately and forgotten.

We thought we had lost one it turned out the parent had been allowed to take it home a while before hand and the member of staff who handed it over to the parent forgot doing so(or to log it) With careful asking we where able to retrieve the ELJ with out letting on to the parents that we had lost track of it.

If the ELJ is completely gone never to be found then its probably too late to try to reproduce it, rather than struggling making a new learning journey, can i suggest you create an "I CAN" book and create evidence of all the things this child can now do across the six area of learning, if you have old photos create a photo album section of photos then and now, finish it of with some current art work it will still help the next setting with information about where they are now and make a nice keep sake for the future. We have had children arrive this late in the year wanting the last few months to get ready for school and it's what we do so that those children still have a learning journey to take with them to the next setting

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)