Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evaluating Planning And Planning Help

Guest 2580

Hello I am very new to this !! I am looking for some help. From reaading your forums I can see that there is lots of advice and probems if thats the right word about planning! (which has made me feel better!)

I have just taken over a role of senior in the nursery (preschool room- full day care) and I have to take over planning - I desperately need help and am hoping someone can help me asap as I need to hold a planning meeting tomorrow!

We have lots of workshop areas and have big a3 continious prov sheets in each area sayng permanent resources and what the children could possibly learn (classsed as long term plan)

Does anyone evaluate their continious prov daily?

Then we have a group time sheet which plans for storytime and song time (as staff were singing smae old songs) and a mini activity with a CLL and PSRN focus.- Do we need this?

Does this sound ok so far?

if you could answer the questions below and give me some guidance I would be so grateful

My problem is the daily weekly planning sheet - how do we record the individual planning ?

the children are split into weeks to focus on them Activities are planned for them and things added to the workshop areas throughout the week - this is individual planning ? yes? do you just write on a sheet Compare Bears for Billy encourage him to sort or?

Do you pick areas of learning to cover each week? If so are these covered by a focus actiivity?

Do we need to do keyperson planning in addition to this?

Can anyone share any planning formats that are simple and work?

I know I ve asked a lot but have bolded the bits I could realy do with your help on thanks looking forward to your replies.

Hi,

I am an NQT in a nursery and this year our foundation team have been developing our planning. I find mine workable now but it is constantly evolving!

My long term continuous provision plan sounds like yours, and my medium term just outlines which texts I will be using each week and which objectives these will hit (taken from ages and stages development matters points).

My weekly planning focuses around a text and I plan a whole class carpet session, a phonics/ time for talk group time (differentiated for two different groups) and a PSRN carpet session. In choosing time one adult leads a focus activity which they write down any significant achievements or any misconceptions etc. and this just has a few relevant objectives and key questions. The other adult in nursery is involved in child initiated play and at one point throughout the session does a focussed observation on a child. They share that observation with the child and print a photo off with the child and they stick it in their learning journey and then they plan together with the child how to extend that learning. I then write in the box at the bottom of my weekly continuous provision planner what I will put out the next day to follow up these next steps. My weekly continuous provision planner gives a rough overview of ideas that I might use to put out in nursery and I scribble down any changes onto it.

Does that make sense? Hope so!

My head is saying at the moment that the most important thing for planning at the moment is that it works for you as a teacher and that it is a working document. I shall try to attach my planning so that you can see it, it's good to see how others do it! Mine definitely isn't the best that it could be, I've recently added the amendments to planning box and not sure this is the best way to do it but it's trial and error I suppose!

Goodluck in your meeting anyway!

Continuous provision plan sp2 wk 5.doc

Handas Surprise wholeclass wk 5.doc

tue fruit kebabs pm focus 2.doc

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello I am very new to this !! I am looking for some help. From reaading your forums I can see that there is lots of advice and probems if thats the right word about planning! (which has made me feel better!)

I have just taken over a role of senior in the nursery (preschool room- full day care) and I have to take over planning - I desperately need help and am hoping someone can help me asap as I need to hold a planning meeting tomorrow!

We have lots of workshop areas and have big a3 continious prov sheets in each area sayng permanent resources and what the children could possibly learn (classsed as long term plan)

Does anyone evaluate their continious prov daily?

Then we have a group time sheet which plans for storytime and song time (as staff were singing smae old songs) and a mini activity with a CLL and PSRN focus.- Do we need this?

Does this sound ok so far?

if you could answer the questions below and give me some guidance I would be so grateful

My problem is the daily weekly planning sheet - how do we record the individual planning ?

the children are split into weeks to focus on them Activities are planned for them and things added to the workshop areas throughout the week - this is individual planning ? yes? do you just write on a sheet Compare Bears for Billy encourage him to sort or?

Do you pick areas of learning to cover each week? If so are these covered by a focus actiivity?

Do we need to do keyperson planning in addition to this?

Can anyone share any planning formats that are simple and work?

I know I ve asked a lot but have bolded the bits I could realy do with your help on thanks looking forward to your replies.

Hi could anyone explain to me more about the daily planning. We are a packaway group that only opens for 3 hours per day. With the daily planning, is this for your focus children only or for the whole group.Obviously i understand that you plan on the child's interests and link this in with the child's next steps, we were told to complete a weekly planning sheet noe we have been told it has to be a daily plqanning sheet. Has anyone got a simple planning sheet that i could look at, that has been filled in so that i get a good idea of how it works.

Lynne

Hi Lynne28. Why the daily plan? Seems like thats a lot of extra work. Enuffsenuf posted a great weekly plan on here June 13 th thats simple but covers - I think - all you need for your kind of setting!! We shall be trying it out next term...with grateful thanks!!

Could your daily plan just cover ALL the things you do as a norm. eg. circle time, snack, story etc?

Maybe someone else works from daily planning and can help you further but have a look at Enuffsenufs....you may get some inspiration : )

Hi Lynne28. Why the daily plan? Seems like thats a lot of extra work. Enuffsenuf posted a great weekly plan on here June 13 th thats simple but covers - I think - all you need for your kind of setting!! We shall be trying it out next term...with grateful thanks!!

Could your daily plan just cover ALL the things you do as a norm. eg. circle time, snack, story etc?

Maybe someone else works from daily planning and can help you further but have a look at Enuffsenufs....you may get some inspiration : )

Hi

thanks for your reply. No seems that norm daily activities does not cover this. From what i gather is each day you need to add things on the planning sheet such as on Monday a child could be building a train and by the end of the morning you might bring in a ticket collector so therefore your next days planning would be to make tickets and use them, but still very hazy about this, is this on all children or just the focus children. If it is on all the children i don't understand why we have focus children for planning each week, as i understood this as planning for the focus children not the whole group and you cannot do a daily planning sheet on all the children each week. So confused if anyone could help me with this i would appreciatte it.

Many thanks

Lynne

Hi

sorry to be a pain but how do i find this planning from Enuffsenufs

Lynne

Hi

sorry to be a pain but how do i find this planning from Enuffsenufs

Lynne

Ha ha good question....not so good at finding my way around myself....but have had a look for you and if you type in the search box top right Eyfs 2012 weekly planning it should pop up! :)

Regarding daily plan I can see where your coming from re 'ticket collector'. but what we wld do is just scribble that on the weekly plan............we were told 'the planning shld be a working document'. so just add notes to it as you go along....no point in keep writing everything out day in day out.....the plan is for you to work from not a piece of literary genius! If you feel the play experience wld suit a focus child put their initials by it, but you may well find lots want to buy a ticket :) and then it also becomes a great activity for all! Job done! As you say you cannot possibly do a daily plan for each child

Planning does seem to be a nightmare if you let it..........Think we all over think it !! Hope you find the document and hope it helps. :)

enuffsenuf's thread :)click here

follow the above link or use the search bar and search "enuffsenuf" (members search) to find many more useful threads :)

Oh well done boltonnurseries, when you need something doing.........ask a man! Ha ha

enuffsenuf's thread :)click here

follow the above link or use the search bar and search "enuffsenuf" (members search) to find many more useful threads :)

Oh well done boltonnurseries, when you want something doing........ask a man! ha ha!

How dooo you do that???

Ha ha good question....not so good at finding my way around myself....but have had a look for you and if you type in the search box top right Eyfs 2012 weekly planning it should pop up! :)

Regarding daily plan I can see where your coming from re 'ticket collector'. but what we wld do is just scribble that on the weekly plan............we were told 'the planning shld be a working document'. so just add notes to it as you go along....no point in keep writing everything out day in day out.....the plan is for you to work from not a piece of literary genius! If you feel the play experience wld suit a focus child put their initials by it, but you may well find lots want to buy a ticket :) and then it also becomes a great activity for all! Job done! As you say you cannot possibly do a daily plan for each child

Planning does seem to be a nightmare if you let it..........Think we all over think it !! Hope you find the document and hope it helps. :)

Hi Thankyou very much for your guidance, i think that is exactly what we are doing (over thinking it), think i have it a little straighter in my head, just wasn't sure about who to plan for but now i think i get it. It is obvious that the other children would join in and have fun.

Many thanks once again and will look at other thread later this afternoon

Lynne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)