Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hub Caps!

hi there, just wanted to pick your brains...I have a child who has shown an interest in hub caps. I am trying to think of the different ways I could approach this and incorporate the different aspects of learning and development...so far we have taken lots of pictures and he has commented that some are shiny and some aren't. Other thoughts i've had a re the shapes and patterns that can be seen in them (I had no idea that they are so different) and thought about visiting a local garage to buy or obtain a few old hubcaps and see what/how we can use the within the setting....perhaps painting/decorating them and using them like wind ornaments...anyway, my brain is totally worn out and I'd appreciate anyones ideas. Thank you x

I feel a frisbee coming on!

Some are metal / some plastic - testing materials experiments

Collections of things that are shiny .... stories about Magpies (theres an Oxford reading tree storie about a shiny key)

Rolling things

Other things on cars that are for protection - of the vehicle: bumpers, hub caps: of the people: safety belts, airbags

Printing with them - flat and rolled

good luck

pw x

...........or buy foil plates ( Poundland sell them!)............................in fact Poundland are pretty good for lots of outdoor ideas, look in their gardening section for hessian bags, not huge, but nice; flower baskets make good scales and their camping are is good too: folding spades, groundsheets; foil blankets,compasses, rubber hammers,tent pegs, loads of stuff. it won't last forever, but I was quite surprised at the range.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)