Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

'friendly' Ofsted - Please Help!

Hi all,

We are due Ofsted very soon and this Friday we have a 'friendly' Ofsted inspector coming to do a review of the school. I will be out with my class during the morning at Forest School so she will be coming to watch me on Friday afternoon. A terrible time as my class are exhausted by then, especially after being out in the morning! We will mostly be doing Child Initiated Learning, but I'll need to do a short carpet time first. Our focus this week is Spring and during the morning we'll be looking for signs of Spring in the woods. I really need some 'wow' ideas for a carpet time to follow on from this, and maybe some things for enhancements to the continuous provision... I was thinking of maybe putting some photos of our morning onto the IWB to discuss? Not feeling very inspired though...

Guest Clonmany38

While your out can the children create pieces of transient art to photograph, the children may write a description of their art and during carpet time they could talk about it and then display.

Guest kmagee

How about collecting some natural materials in the morning with the children's help. Then put them in a feely bag for your carpet session.

Could you collect natural materials and use them to make artworks on huge white sheets when they get back? Or encourage them to use all the resources available in your making / workshop area to respond to what they saw in the morning?

love all the above ideas!

could you include daffodils- lots around at the minute. (point them out in the forest and maybe have some bought ones ready for class)

I let me children disect them last year they loved it covers lots of KUW and they asked loads of questins too.- you could compare how they look at the different stages. They could make them in create area usung paper or do paintings of them if you have some in apot of water on the table.

goodluck

Thank you so much for all the lovely ideas. I especially like the idea of creating art with natural materials on white sheets, and dissecting and painting daffodils. I have also found some good ideas on the nature detectives website. Thanks for all your support :rolleyes:

Don't forget that daffs are poisonous. Can't remember which bit but sure I have read about it somewhere before. :blink:

I didn't realise daffodils were poisonous !! :o We planted some in pots and they are just beggining to flower. The children are commenting how pretty they are and are really pleased to se them grow as they helped plant them.

Sue J

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)