Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cause And Effect.

Guest Spiral

Guest Spiral

Hi everyone,

Can anyone think of something that would have the same effect as cracking an egg?

To explain - a hard object, that when a child bashes it has something soft inside that comes out.

I really can see the working with one of our children, but I'm not comfy using raw eggs with children.

All suggestions welcome,

Spiral :-)

Guest Spiral

Thats all I can think off too but we have a diabetic child too and I'd really like her to join in.

To explain further, I have a child who likes to destroy and I'd like to give him something to destroy with a purpose, but that also captures his imagination.

Tried duplo towers, but that led him to destroy other children's buildings.

Thought of eggs as he was desperate to destroy some we made for a birds nest project, but I can't use those as they were made from balloons filled with water and the other children are convinced they are real eggs.

I'm a little stuck,

Spiral :-(

how about tearing paper art...lots of ripping apart and possibly putting to good use, or using newspaper strips to fill paper cushion shapes??....is there a reason why you want to encourage this behaviour??

raw eggs in this country are now salmonella free and should be fine to use with children.

A pinata? You can buy them (I've seen them at Morrisons) or make them with the children from a balloon and paper mache strips - we had a Mexican mother the other year brought 1 in for her daughter's birthday & the resources to make one with the children.

old video recorders with screwdrivers.. or any old electronic equipment.. ask parents look on freecycle...

or we had a chain with a lot of padlocks on it... and a box of keys.. find the key and remove the padlocks.. we started with a couple and then increased them.. even better if something they want is chained up with it.. they will get the toy when they release all the locks... we had a very calm day once when I chained all the bikes and outside toys together - they had to remove all of the padlocks to get them free... :blink:

• Like 4

We use raw eggs in baking activities where the children crack them into the bowl - they love it and are getting really good at making sure none of the shell goes in haha! xx

Guest Spiral

Maybe I will just go for the raw egg thing then as I think it'll just be magical to watch their faces as they break open an egg and mix it up.

I really love Inge's ideas with chaining up bikes and letting the children find the right keys too!

Thank you everyone,

great ideas

Spiral :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)