Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sick Pay

I know I'm being a bit lazy, and should look it up myself- but can anyone tell me how long you need to be off work for SSP to come in?

I have a staff member that's been off 3 days, and I'm trying to work out if she'd be better off having a fourth day off. On this day she only works a few hours anyway, and as we don't get paid when we're off, she might be able to claim SSP. She has been genuinely I'll, and I just feel we get such low pay anyway.

Xx

3 waiting days and then they can get SSP on the 4th.so she would not get anything for the 3 days already off.. a 4th would give 1 days SSP...

but if anyone is off 4 days and then again within the next 8 weeks SSP starts from first day off... the prvious days off count as the waiting days..

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/paye/employees/statutory-pay/ssp-calc.htm

3 waiting days and then they can get SSP on the 4th.so she would not get anything for the 3 days already off.. a 4th would give 1 days SSP...

but if anyone is off 4 days and then again within the next 8 weeks SSP starts from first day off... the prvious days off count as the waiting days..

http://www.hmrc.gov....ay/ssp-calc.htm

Thankyou for that, and you've added the link- an extra bonus for me! :D ::1a :D ::1a :D ::1a

• Like 1