Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Softplay Problems

Hi All

We are are new build preschool who had softplay fitted in our garden area. Over the last few months, we have had a lot of incidents with children and staff slipping on the softplay surface? :o

I'm keen to hear from other settings who have softplay as to whether they have had similar problems and also how they maintain the surface as we are getting differing opinions on the right way to care for the softplay?

Really would appreciate feedback on your experiances with softplay in your schools, thanks for your time.

Thank you

Lisa

I came across that surfacing A COUPLE OF TIMES OVER THE YEARS AND i HATED IT. iT WAS SO BAD AT ONE SETTING THE CHILDREN COULDNT GO OUTSIDE IF IT HAD RAINED. i HAVE NO idea what they did about it, if anything, but I just wanted to let you now you're not alone.

Stupid caps lock!!! :o

Hi what sort of soft play surface have you got. Ours was installed over a year ago and is fine. It is made of small rubber composites set on the ground.

Hi, yes that sounds like ours but we are having awful problems with ours especially in the damp or wet weather, it just turns into an ice rink and is totally unusable? Do you mind if I ask if you clean yours atall or have been given any maintanence guidelines for it? Thanks for your help.

Lisa

I came across that surfacing A COUPLE OF TIMES OVER THE YEARS AND i HATED IT. iT WAS SO BAD AT ONE SETTING THE CHILDREN COULDNT GO OUTSIDE IF IT HAD RAINED. i HAVE NO idea what they did about it, if anything, but I just wanted to let you now you're not alone.

Stupid caps lock!!! :o

Yes thats the problem we have if it rains or even if its been damp, its lethal! xD Thanks for taking the time to reply.

We have similar problems with ours. Fortunately it isn't the only area we have available or we would never be outside!

It's great on warm sunny days but also turns everything black!

We wouldn't have spent all that money if we had known all this beforehand. A lot of it is in shade for most of the winter and I wonder if that is part of the problem.

korkycat

Edited by korkycat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)