Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hodder Education

My copy of the EYE magazine arrived today and inside was information about a training day for the EYFS Reform in central London on the 18th May. This is being run by Hodder Education and will include speakers such as Panny Tassoni and Vicky Hutchin, it is covering how to implement the key changes. The cost is £345 per person :o , has anyone been on this typr of training day before and are they worth it?

Essex Early Yeras have arranged 2 seperate training days so far and due to demand I didn't get a place, they are saying they are trying to arrange further days in the summer!!

So am now thinking I need to be pro active on the training front and although this day does seem expensive it could prove to be invaluable! Website address for further info is www.phillipallanupdates.co.uk, any opinions greatly appreciated before I blow our training budget!!

Kris

Hi Kris, just found this post---not sure why I missed it but as you have had no replies maybe others have too.

I went to a training session for the original FS curriculum back in 2000 before the LAs started training and it was very worthwhile listening to the people who had actually been involved with its creation. SO, if you can afford it--I would say go for it!

Meanwhile, it never ceases to amaze me that LAs can offer training and in this case essential training and then be unable to offer it to all who want it--its not as if they dont know how many participants they might have!

That's a lot of money for one day's training! Penny Tassoni is always good, and I'd like to hear Vicky Hutchins speak. Is there a reduction offered for booking more than one delegate? Maybe you could combine with someone else and save a bit of money?

I didn't get a place on the Essex training either! It was run over two days with 120 places on each day and there are over 800 settings in Essex!

However I do know someone who went and came back less than impressed.

What REALLY 'gets me' is the cost of providing delicious lunches and the amazing quality free resources that were given out.

Cut out the lunch and the freebies and surely that would have enabled another day of training to be offered!!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get a place on the Essex training either! It was run over two days with 120 places on each day and there are over 800 settings in Essex!

However I do know someone who went and came back less than impressed.

What REALLY 'gets me' is the cost of providing delicious lunches and the amazing quality free resources that were given out.

Cut out the lunch and the freebies and surely that would have enabled another day of training to be offered!!

I believe this lunch issue should be considered in all training, are really unable as adult professionals to take our own packed lunch for a training days? Our authority has cut supply cover surely supply cover would be better than lunch?

Sue

Our LEA have cut out all lunches for PVI since the start of this academic year, and in my 10 years we have never been given a single resource :(

We have just had notification of a course reference the new EYFS, however ours too are already full, and at the moment there are no other dates being planned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)