Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Painting The Tarmac In Our Outside Area

Hi everyone. Just registered with the forum, it's a lifesaver isn't it.

We are hoping to paint a road on our Tarmac in our outside area. Obviously we have no funds so need some cheap ideas. Anyone got any recommendations of what we can use to paint the track. Xx

Hi everyone. Just registered with the forum, it's a lifesaver isn't it.

We are hoping to paint a road on our Tarmac in our outside area. Obviously we have no funds so need some cheap ideas. Anyone got any recommendations of what we can use to paint the track. Xx

Hi Amy, let me be the first to welcome you to the Forum, indeed I'm sure it's saved many a life! Have you considered chalking on the road way to begin with, before committing yourselves to painting it? That way you could find out which is the best option of layout for the children, or were you going for a straightforward figure of 8 shape?

don't have a clue what the professionals use when they paint tarmac, I had assumed it was emulsion, but maybe that does rub away rather easily after a time.

Edited by Panders

I would agree with other responses the tarmac markings are so permanent and then get in the way. Buy some of that huge playground chalk from the PE art of the catalogue and mark out what you need. Then when the children want something else it is so easy to wash off and just re-mark in chalk.

Look at the great square blocks here they last longer than normal playground chalk!

http://www.stadiumcrayons.co.uk/industrial-chalks/

Lorna

I would agree with other responses the tarmac markings are so permanent and then get in the way. Buy some of that huge playground chalk from the PE art of the catalogue and mark out what you need. Then when the children want something else it is so easy to wash off and just re-mark in chalk.

Look at the great square blocks here they last longer than normal playground chalk!

http://www.stadiumcrayons.co.uk/industrial-chalks/

Lorna

Hi Lorna

Silly Question ( but you know I would ask) How much longer do they last????

Sue

If you don't ask you don't get Sue!!

Well it all depends on how often you use them but I found the big chalks you can buy in lots of places were very soft and could run out in one go but these big cubiods lasted over a term! They also don't seem to be so soft!

Lorna

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)