Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Condolences

SmileyPR

Yes, yesterday we were congratulating London for the Olympic Games and today we grieve :o for those who have been affected because of the terrorist attack to the city.

May the people affected find peace and those who did this repent and change.

United to all of you,

SmileyPR

It's so awful, I couldn't believe it when it came on the TV this morning. At first when they thought it was a power surge it was sad news that people were hurt, but now its almost certain its a deliberate attack it is all the more tragic.

My thoughts are with anyone affected by todays sad events.

How tragic. Now the death toll has risen: 33 the last time I saw. Its definitely a day for checking your loved ones are safe and well. My heart goes out to all who were caught up in this outrage, and to the families of those who have died.

Some fool rang my son's school this afternoon to say there was a bomb in the grounds. Probably just a boy wanting the afternoon off, but obviously the school can't take the risk so all the boys were sent home.

Some days I can't help but wonder what the world is coming to...

Maz

I've been checking all my friends who work in town, and so far all are accounted for. It's been a mad day here in London. Fortunately I don't work in town, but one of my colleagues son would have been on a bombed train except he overslept..........it's sick, it's depraved and just as it's ever been, we'll carry on regardless.

I can't remember the exact words but Tony Blair quite rightly said;

The strength of the terrorists ( if that is who it was) convictions to attack and kill will NEVER be as strong as the strength we have in NOT letting them beat us, we will never bow down to terrorism. :o

The first I heard was when a parent arrived in tears at 10am to collect her daughter early, her husband was in London today, in the area of the bus bomb. She could not contact him ( I found out later that mobile phone networks were checked forknown terrorist communications and then closed down to stop the terrorists from contacting each other to synchronise any more attacks).

I suggested that her daughter stay for the whole day so that mum could concentrate on contacting dad and also not to alarm/worry her daughter. We are in Kent so the impact reached out across the country.

I am not particularly religious but I have taken a quiet moment to think about, and pray, for the families who are devastated today, for what is a horrific waste of life for so many innocent people.

Peggy

Well put, SmileyPR.

The effects were even felt here in Lincolnshire, because so amny people commute - fathers who couldn't get home etc.

It's absolutely horrendous and arises from nothing but evil. But it seems to me that we Brits are at our best when something like this unites us. Somehow I don't think that will be much comfort to the bereaved & suffering at the minute, though.

We had parents arriving to collect children all telling us the news yesterday lunchtime. So many of our families know someone who was nearby but so far as we know, thank God , none directly affected.

Today we had a call to tell us that a supermarket 200m from our setting (in Bristol) had been evacuated along with a bus parked outside it. We made an instant plan that in the event of our building being evacuated too we would follow our fire drill procedure and take the children to a nearby church. Luckily we heard nothing further and all but one of the parents arrived on time to collect and that one was only a couple of minutes late.

Whitetree