Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Profile Scores

My LEA introduced a Foundation stage profile 3-4 years. Its exactly the same format as the full FSP but starts from a lower base. I know that points 4-8 can be achieved in any order and 9 can only be achieved if 1-8 have all been achieved but my question is do 1-3 have be achieved before 4-8 can be?

I know someone out there will have the answer

thanks

Whitetree

Hi Whitetree

I dont think they HAVE to be, but I think they would usually be.

Perhaps those more familiar with using it with their groups may give us some examples of where this can happen? We certainly didnt have any this year.

Yes I scored some!

Mainly in the maths calculating scale where children could not use less but are beginning to show awareness of other scale points in this strand.

I, 2, & 3 do not need to be attained before the others but as you say, it would be more usual for them to be!

Yes I scored some!

Mainly in the maths calculating scale where children could not use less but are beginning to show awareness of other scale points in this strand.

I, 2, & 3 do not need to be attained before the others but as you say, it would be more usual for them to be!

34713[/snapback]

I have been told that 1, 2,3 do have to be achieved in order before any further points can!

While we are on the subject can anyone tell me what is it expected that children will / should obtain by the end of the Reception class. I thought it was that 6 was average and acceptable, but others have told me the children should all be getting 8 as much as possible? I'm confused!!

We've been told national average is around 6, Surrey average is around 6 to 7.

As Susan rightly says, points 1, 2 and 3 do not have to be achieved before 4 to 8 but usually will be.

Our LEA has told us:

8 scale points "indicate achievement well above what is expected."

6-7 scale points "across all areas of learning indicate a good level of achievement"

4- 5 scale points "across all areas of learning indicate typical achievement"

1-3 indicate "achievement below what is expectd normally"

Don't know what QCA say - have tried to find something on the website but no joy.

That's the ranges that good Old Lesley Staggs was giving out recently at trainings for LEAs. I think that was reflected against the national data though. (Discussions about this elsewhere). 6 would show working well in the elgs. To all get 8 would like all getting 100% she said.

As I recall from the profile handbook the first 3 are taken mainly from the stepping stones so it would be reasonable to expect a child to attain them before an ELG but not necessarily so. 1-8 acn be attained in any order but all are needed to get 9.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)