Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eprofile In Year One

Am REALLY liking the new Head - so what the school needs. He's very keen to work on the transition between fs and Yr 1.

My question to you wise ones (!) is that do any of you know of any school (or any of you!) who is extending the use of the eprofile into Yr 1? If so, does it work? How does it work? If not, how have you extended your assessments into yr1 if they are embracing the FS in there? How have you ensured that the assessments made in Yr1 are an extension on what went on in FS?

We are trialling the eprofile next year (about time!) and I'm really looking forward to it really - I've had a lot of positive feedback on it - saves on time more than anything!

Hope someone can help!

D xxx

We are continuing the profile and hence the eprofile in year one next year. We have agreed not to use p levels until later in the year and will continue to assess ch against the profile statements where they have not achieved them. The Head has tentatively agreed to this but is still wanting end of year one predictions from the profiles..I will continue to work on this one but at least we are making progress.

Obviously this means that I cant say if it works as it will be new (well for us anyway), just that we will be doing it, so Im quite happy to share ideas with others who are doing the same.

I was just wondering, Mudia, whether you had tried figuring out whether this is actually workable with the programme i.e. will the software allow you to continue adding to it after the Reception year? I'm just trying to figure out whether the progress plotted over the Reception year will be corrupted in some respects by the information that you continue to add to it in year one?? Will graphs etc be able to accept the information, as well as the report??

Just being devil's advocate at the minute!!

Thanks,

Dxx

Hi gater, you are one step ahead of me there, as we havent looked at the logistics yet. I dont think there is any space to actually carry on next year so I am guessing we will probabaly have to reenter the data as if they were a new cohort. Then the new entry point would be where they finished when in reception. This does mean time but I don't think it will take long. (dependig on how many children you are talking about) It also means using a laptop or home pc, and not a school network. Give me a shout if you cant work out how to do it..

Unless of course anyone has a brighter and more sensible idea.

• 1 year later...

:o

Hi,

first post- so here goes .We have also decided to carry on using e-profile in year1 due to great y1 staff valuing our assessmentsand the importance of transition.We exported the data from the toolbar in e-profile (trial and error)as an excel table and the y1 staff are going to carry on entering asssessments at least for the first term,by colour coding additional entries.They tell me this will support grouping and some interesting datd should ofsted knock the door. Most children are still working between points 6-8,we will then look at moving majority of children over to nc assessments at the beginning of spring term.I'm no expert on excel but it imported all the info without the need to re-enter.Hope this makes sense

Hi Jordy, like your idea of converting to excel, and welcome from me too.

sadly our year ones have gone back to the drawing board. OUr LG are obsessed with tracking and predictions and now feel that suitable predictions cant be made from FSP to NC (doh we know that it was never intended to be used in that way!!) This means from next year we are going to assess against p levels from term one. I feel this a leap backwards into the dark ages as we were making such good progress in transition terms but this is one battle Ive not been abel to win. Id still lke to ehar you get on with it Jordy..

:o Um, hope this isn't a daft question but where do you get the e-profile from? I asked my EY Advisor but she didn't have a clue what I was on about

• 2 months later...

so has anyone actually used the e-profile to carry on with year 1's? would you have to enter in again and use as new cohort, will it accept year 1 DOB?

thanks

Hi Jop, as far as aI am aware it isnt poossible to put in year one DOBs. What we did was to simply put in new 'end fsp' data during term i of year 1. WE had the old data printed out for comparison.

Sadly our powers that be didnt approve of using the FSP for making end of year targets, so they have gone back to trying to match end fsp with p levels!!!! (some people just dont get it do they?)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)