Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Making Outdoor Area Appealing

Hi everyone. I have a bee in my bonnet about the outdoor area at the moment. In the warmer months it looks lovely, fully set up, colourful signs and pictures everywhere, clean and tidy etc. At the moment however, it looks tatty as signs and pictures have blown about, or got wet and soggy, and horirble dirty leaves are all over the concrete no matter how long we spend tidying them.

It just looks grey and dull out there. Anyone want to share how they keep things bright and fresh at this time of year? Or share any photos?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

For me it is not so much how it looks as how it is used by the children. I don't teach anymore but here are a couple of pictures from a school I worked with in the past.

Lorna

post-9053-1329815377_thumb.jpg

post-9053-1329815395_thumb.jpg

Adding colour is not how we go, but watching the changes in the trees and today the beautiful sunshine made it a wonderful experience this morning. We also have spring bulbs popping up. I am all about getting our children talking and working with each other this term I thought I would share my photo (hope it works) not sure its what you are looking for but FUN!

post-20748-1329851468_thumb.jpg

post-20748-1329851513_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigsue

Adding colour is not how we go, but watching the changes in the trees and today the beautiful sunshine made it a wonderful experience this morning. We also have spring bulbs popping up. I am all about getting our children talking and working with each other this term I thought I would share my photo (hope it works) not sure its what you are looking for but FUN!

Fun and seeing the photos made my heart sing Sue - Thanks!

Lorna

Fun and seeing the photos made my heart sing Sue - Thanks!

Lorna

But Hey I had a good Teacher :oxD:(

And cherish what I learnt and what I am still learning!!! The children benefit so much, today we had worms swinging around along with shovels and pipes/tubes and the making of mud pies is planned with counting and wieghing ingredients!!!! (children's planning!!) Make our planing easy

The outside area makes my heart sing too and the best thing is 'its so simple!'

Sue

Edited by Bigsue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)