Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lunch Time Policy

kellie1

hi,

i have a food and drink policy. but i want to make a policy to encourage staff to interact wit children at meal times and for them not to miss the learning oppurtunities that may take place.

has anybody anything similar that could be useful to me. please

We don't have anything like this but I do frequently remind staff that in order for the funding to be valid there has to be no distinction between 'normal' sessions and lunch time, if it becomes a 'playtime' then we will be unable to claim funding for it!

Hi kellie, Im not sure that I have welcomed you before, so if not, then welcome to the forum!

Im not sure you really need a policy specifically for this, as its no more than what you would expect from staff at any other time.

I wonder if instead you could do a staff meeting about quality snack and meal times, and think about all the things that contribute to making them important, as well as sociable times of the day. You could also check if your LA has any guidance on this too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)