Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning For Babies For Outdoor

Madmum

Hi!

I am currently doing EYP via the GPP route

I have begun a placement in an excellent nursery as there is a 'gap' in my experience with working with babies under 20 months, which I need to fill for my task 1. I have a limited amout of time to work on something to implement, and have hopefully decided to go with improving planning for babies outdoors as this was the only weak area I found.

I am looking to gather information on what the EYFS guidance recommends for babies in terms of outdoor, and suggestions I can put to the nursery as to what to do next.

I would really appreciate anything anyone can share in relation to how they plan a couple of useful outdoor activities or walks a week for babies so that there is a focus rather than it just being ' a walk' or whatever!! :o

Madmum

Have just seen a terrific poster for you but don't know how to share it on here - hopefully you can look at it if you use facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/marc.armitage.play

I'm not an expert in your area, but I' be interested if you wrote about at babies experiencing lots of different textures and smells through use of a sensory garden; crawling and learning to walk on uneven surfaces; Babies having tummy time on grass or other surfaces (safety?); observing shadows (learning about themselves) also looking at their reflections in puddles.

Have you looked on the Forest School Section?

Honey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)