Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Book Stand Advice

I want to buy a book stand for the Nursery for the front of the group when we are on the carpet. I have seen some really good ones in the hope catalogue but they seem very tall for young children. Anyone any ideas or suggestions?

We tend to use the table top versions and just move a table or unti when we need to. they are much cheaper and more mobile. Plus the children can use them easily when they want to 'read' the big book themsleves.

This may not be what you are looking for but I have been thinking recently of a way of making storytime books visible to the whole group and also hands free.

This is my idea, (but difficult to explain) You know the spines of ring binder folders? well I thought I would cut the spine off a folder and screw it securely to the wall at the appropriatte height, then I can hole punch the story books and attach them to the wall leaving my hands free to turn pages etc. I thought I would fix a two ring binder spine for small books and a four ring spine for big books. I haven't tried this yet but will let you know if it works. ( just a thought whilst writing this, I would have to find a way to detach from the wall when not in use otherwise the children may play with them and trap their fingers in the metal hoops-ouch :o )

I also thought this might be an idea to display notices that have to be out all the time but take up a lot of room on my notice board. I intend to laminate Insurance certificate, Ofted registration form, daily routine, floor plan, child protection, what to do if you suspect abuse A4 poster, FSC & BTTM Aspects info etc (all these are on my notice board) and attach them to the screwed in ring binder spine, thus only using the space of one A4 portrait style sheet. ( once in place I would tape the rings to stop fingers getting trapped) :D

What do you think?

Peggy

For self selection, We use a white wire stand to hold and our theme related books, it is about waist height and holds approx 20 books, they are about £35 (I think). We also have a wooden bookcase on wheels which holds our whole library and folds closed for storage. ( very expensive £300+, and heavy, but I got it very cheap 2nd hand and couldn't resist the bargain :o )

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)