Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Whats In Your Home Corner/

Hi okay, well depending on what we we decide it could be anything from:

Cooker, washing machine, fridge, microwave, bed, dolls, dolls clothes, ironing board, iron, foods both real and plastic, utensils, plates, bowls, saucepans, wok, chopsticks, picnic table, telephone, camera, dressing up clothes, magazines, posters, money, till, shopping baskets, trollies,prams,buggies, bags, highchair, crib, blankets, tents, hairdressing tools, mirror, building tools,tape measures, foam bricks, notepads, clipboards, mark making tools, maps, calculator.

Obviously not all out at the same time.

Hope this helps. :o

We have the above but in boxes on a trolley and the children choose what they want, whether it be home, shop, office or all

this week all we had was some cardboard boxes other times we just put out some den building in that space

we also add real fruit and veg although not every week as it adds to our spiraling costs

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of real food and equipment in the role play, like empty squeezy ketchup bottles, tins, potatoes, small mugs, metal saucepans and real kettles although I would advise you try and use tins without the ring pull, I had a 2 year old who managed to open one and pour into a saucepan! I was very surprised!

• Like 1

Hi,

it is so interesting hearing what other teachers have in their centres. I work overseas and love this connection with the UK although I am really amazed at how hard you guys have to work.

Anyway, I work in a play centre that is a converted house and we are lucky enough to have a whole room for our home corner. It has pretty much everything you said above but also we have a rack of dressing up clothes and hats. We also put doctors and carpenters equipment in their too.

We recently made a baby clinic area which some children love and others don't even seem to see.

Thanks again for all your wonderful ideas, as I said this is a real 'life line' for me and I come here pretty much every day!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)