Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bikes And Scooters

Can anyone recommend a range of reasonably prices bikes and scooters that are suitable for ages 2-7?

I can find some for 1-4 and then 4-7 but not reasonable ones that cover both ages maybe 3-6 would be ok?

Any advise would be very welcome!

Many thanks,

Hi we collected Sainsburys or Tescos vouchers and saved enough to get a set of 4 scooters and they are fantastic.

You might be able to look on their voucher website to have a look.

Have to say the majority of our bikes have been purchased many years ago and cost a lot of money but have stood the test of time and are still going strong some 10/12 years later.

The only draw back is that they are extremely heavy for us to lift. :o

We've got 1 bike & trailer that the school bought for us - they had money that they got to use if they bought us stuff too, & it's great though very heavy! & to be honest, if we'd been let chose, we'd have gone for 1 for ages 2 -4 for, not the 3 -6 1 they got us. We've also got 1 on loan from the Outreach Service for 1 of our dual placement children & that's great.

The rest of what we've got are bikes etc that have been donated by parent's as their children have got newer models or ones that were bought by the old manager from ToyRUs - and they're not so good. These ones are not designed for the heavy use we put them through so do break & have to be fixed or got rid of.

But if we've not bought them, I don't mind so much running them into the ground & then slinging - my advice would be to put up a notice asking for donations for now & fund-raising for the stronger ones for the future - and then the price doesn't matter so much. The school nursery still has the bikes & scooters that my 16 yr old son & 17 yr old nephew used so it really is worth investing in them!

In the Galt (I think) catalogue they have a range of ride on that come in different colours to show the size range & the brackets are 2-4, 3-6, 4-8. If I had the money to get stuff now, I'd get a better range of the smallest ones and then gradually start to get the middle range ones. (Storage permitting!) My younger son is nearly 9 & was riding a 3 -6 bike the other day at work, so a bigger child can easily ride them :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)