Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Much Paperwork...?

Hi, I'm a Deputy Manager at a small Playgroup. Last term I stepped upto acting Manager as my manager was off really poorly. Now she's back and thankfully recovering I'm trying to lighten her load of paperwork (I have a renewed appreciation of how much work is involved). My question is this. Does anyone have or know of a comprehensive list of the policies and procedures, plans and other paperwork that is absolutely obligatory and a list for things that are good practice.

On the plus side we were OFSTEDed last term (We were a manager and another member of staff down with a bank staff to help...how my heart sank!) and got a 'Good' so obviously everything that needs to be in place is, but we're trying to work together to streamline and condense it into a cohesive whole and remove the duplication so it will be easier to keep upto date and implement.

Anyone? :o

Me too. Maybe we should start a couple of lists and anyone can copy and paste it into their reply with their suggestion added so they build up into two complete lists...well, before the discussion starts about what's compulsory anyway :o

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm working on changing all my planning completely to a 'wipeboard' which I shall then photograph every so often (if I ever remember) just to add the odd bit paper based evidence to keep.

Daily risk sheets went down that route too. (not sure about anyone else but I used to keep the paper copies!!!!!)

Edited by louby loo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)