Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Beebots

Hi

I have just purchased one and would like to hear ideas that have worked for you and your children. I have children aged 3 to 5yrs.

Thanks in advance!

T

we also ordered a clear grid type mat with ours and its fab.

we put photos of the children under the clear grid and they have to try and programme it to go to specific children that they name or we name.

put pictures of shapes, numbers, locations in your setting / outside / local town /village etc

put their namecards under -see if they can recognise their name , letters / sounds etc

we also ordered a clear grid type mat with ours and its fab.

we put photos of the children under the clear grid and they have to try and programme it to go to specific children that they name or we name.

put pictures of shapes, numbers, locations in your setting / outside / local town /village etc

put their namecards under -see if they can recognise their name , letters / sounds etc

some good ideas thank you!...any ideas how to get children/staff to remember to turn them off when they're finished using them?!! :o

Good point Susan!

Our Beebot's are used fairly regularly and still the children have difficulties in handling them properly.

We tend to use ours more for taking turns and planning a route then counting number of presses, but there are some fab ideas here which I will definitely look into using.

We made a numberline (15cm squares if my memory serves me correctly for Beebot step), some to 10, some to 20 to differentiate - start beebot on zero - turn up a number card and work out how many steps to get to that number, it then gets more interesting with following numbers - does it move forwards or backwards, is it moving to a bigger or smaller number, is the next number more or less (or fewer - always struggle with that word)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)