Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Book Recommendations Please...

I have my interview for a PGCE in Early years in January. We need to present a book to a small group and discuss how we would use it with children. The book must be a recent publication (No more than 10 years old). I want to hear people's suggetsion for new and differnet texts that maybe used...

I can not wait to hear your ideas...

Edited by Guest

I could think of so many! what about 'Nat Fantasic' which I have used as a starting point for a superhero theme and talk for writing text for reception. Something like 'Handa's surprise is really good for CLL and for numeracy and again I have used as a starting point for a whole theme. My favourite recent book is 'bog baby' which always has me with a lump in my throat, we have used it for Forest school (making our own bog baby environment) but you could get so much from it PSED wise.

Hope that helps

Good luck

Deb

I love shark in the park!!!!!!!!!

The repetition is easy and very user friendly.

Lots of opportunity to pretend to be looking through the telescope yourself and the children.

Guessing what it is he can see.

Lots of conversations in our nursery about how the shark got into the park in the first place.

Oh I LOVE that book!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)