Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Aeroplanes

Ok my little lovelys are really really into building aeroplanes in the large construction area outsie - I obviously want to extend this after the holidays and thought it would be a fab way of getting the boys writing - however Im a bit stumped for things to do - Christmas brain I think! Any ideas - would like a big WOW idea to start the term possibly.

How about an airport in the role play - maps and tickets and booking forms etc, also getting them to imagine being on a plane and writing about where they would like to go and who with, designing planes and making them small scale with balsa wood, card and paper, books about planes in the book area. :o

our local school have just had a mexican christmas...they were all sent a letter telling them to be ready with passports (made in school) for a certain date and time...when they arrived at school in suitable attire they were shown into the hall which was lit appropriately with rows of chairs. The teachers were the stewards and led the proceedings. all children had their hands stamped and were given boarding cards...even the cooks were involved and tied in the lunches!...anything there you can use??

We have recently been on lots of pretend journeys linking it with children's experiences and interests.

One week we drew a huge flat aeroplane template in the role play area and then all the used tools to mark make and then sat on it and went on lots of wonderful journeys.

We also had lots of key words, maps, clock, passports, leaflets, cameras, binoculars and was great fun.

Our children also like nothing more than a row of chairs in various shapes and they explore going places.

Thanks there are some fab ideas there - Finlaysmaid I love the idea of arriving with passports and suitable clothes - we could def do that in our hall - love it!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)