Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Help Help

Hi all I really need some help and ideas. From January I will be keyworker to between 8 to 10 children daily who have just turned 3 the area we will be in is approx 24 x 18 feet I would like to deveop the areas but have very little resourses and a budjet of zero so I need some very cheap ideas here is a list of the resourses I have:-

Sand pit , 2 wooden trolleys, duplo,wooden blocks, paper, crayons, animals, dolls house and people, tuff spot, books, puzzles, cars, cushions, rug, paint, vetec lap top, linking elephants, threading bead ect . musical intruments playdough cutters.

well done and good luck with the job!! my favourite resource is the library! get to know your librarian and they will organise for you to borrow larger quantities of books/big books/multicultural books etc and can order things in to go with any themes /threads that you are following. Beg borrow and steel from anyone...i have a theory that there are only ever 2 answers people can give you (and usually its yes) have you got a scrapstore near you? what do your parents do...do they have access to anything helpful (we have a carpet shop next to us which supplies us with large tubes and carpet tiles a post office which gives us old stationary and an architects who supply us with large rolls of paper) also may be worth contacting your local WI...my lovely locals are knitting dolls clothes as i speak. Most people are happy to help their local littlies...get yourself noticed and you never know what people will turn up with :o

Hi i would suggest contacting your local DIY stores, your large supermarket chains and anyone within your local community as a starting point, you will be amazed what they may provide for you.

Don't forget to collect vouchers for everything.[ we have had lots and lots of wonderful equipment this way.

Have you registered for the Haven fun fitness project, if you get enough hits they provide lots of lovely physical resources, certainly worth a try.

Good luck :o

Some brilliant ideas already.

You don't mention any 'home corner' type resources, charity shops are brilliant for pots, pans and spoons. Also dressing up resources/material scraps to support imaginative play. I regularly sort through our charity shop soft toys for story bag props. Also items to create magnetic activities.

The natural environment offers lots of 'free stuff', especially at this time of year - leaves, moss, pine cones, small twigs, pebbles - great for counting / sorting and to create environments for small world.

Corn flour, flour and water - cheap and lots of fun.

Good luck.

get your self some free natural materials shells, cones, lumps of wood, conker shells acorns

skip search that is where i got my guttering from

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)