Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Vacant To Engaged

Guest lillybeth

Guest pamgreen

Did anyone go to the Vacant to engaged conference in London, I did it was very inspiring run by the guy who does the ABC does blog. What did you think of the day if you went.

Edited by pamgreen

Lucky you getting to go! I have to make do with his blog, but the ideas in that are totally inspiring. I have the book on pre order and can't wait to implement more of his suggestions.

Guest pamgreen

Hi yes i got to hear about it from this forum and it was well worth it. I also have the book on pre order. He has some brilliant suggestions. This is a first for me I have been a member of this forum for ages and have replied to people but never started a thread, so thanks for replying.

Yep I went! After someone had recommended a link to his site on here earlier this year when I put an SOS out due to having a year off on maternity leave.

Alistair is inspirational and I can honestly say that it was the best course I have ever been on in my entire teaching career. He made every moment of the day count and gave me loads to think and challenge my current practice (and the staff). He talks like he writes his blog - I was literally crying with laughter at times as he described some of the staff characters that many can relate to. that hinder good practice. Most importantly he answered so many questions in my head that I had about why my practice - and how I can move forwards. I would recommend his course over ANYTHING else, plead indeed BEG your SLTs to go - you won't be disappointed (as much as I love Helen Bromley she comes in second I'm afraid!)

That man needs a gold medal! http://abcdoes.typepad.com/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)