Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cosy Area

Hi

Our improvement advisor has been to visit and said we need to make our book corner more cosy. We currently have bean bags with a variety of books. We are not allowed to leave anything out so we need something thats eaasy to set up and put away.

She did suggest having a story tent but we have tried that and the children (all 2yrs old) like to move the tent around and play with the tent rather than leave it in the book corner for looking at books.

Any suggestions or photos of your book corners would be very welcome!

our very successful pack away one is in the gallery here

and was really cheap to do.. ask a parent for any sun umbrella they dont use.. or we found a cheap one in adsa for about £5.00, and a base, came from another parents, we asked parents for voiles to hang on it.. until we found a bad canopy circle to put on it .. ours was a local shop, but Ikea do them, for younger ones I would probably stick with the voiles and not having them so long but they quickly learnt how to use it and it was not easy to move

Edited by Inge

Inge's cosy book area looks fab. We are in the process of evaluating our environment using the 'Communication Friendly Spaces' toolkit. We have something similar, in that we drape voile from a hoop hung from the ceiling in pastel colours. If I were doing it again I would use neutral colours, creams, beige etc and add some soft brown/beige throws and cushions - then add bits of colour with the books and teddies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)