Jump to content
About Us

Council Tax


Recommended Posts

we recently moved into a modular building on a school site, but stayed independent to the school, we've now had the valuation officer turn up :o can anyone else in this situation tell me if they pay council tax and approx monthly charge as we really weren't expecting this, not sure if being a reg charity makes any difference. thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

not sure about your exact circumstance but valuation you are given is not what you pay. At present you pay about 43p in the pound and then you should as a registered charity get 80% relief also. If you contact your local council they may also rduce this rate further or even make it 0 if they see fit. If you go on the VOA office website you can do a comparison between your setting and other similar buildings in your area

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)