Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We're Going On A Bear Hunt

Hi everyone!

I have my first obs from our Head on Tuesday for CLL. I am an NQT in a nursery class and I know that the Head is very on learning objectives and fulfilling them. I am doing We're Going on a Bear Hunt and was thinking of re-reading the story and then creating a giant story-map together with the class. I am torn between making the objective about what happens next or what noise can you hear at each section. I would love to show him our children in talk partners as they are getting better at this and am conscious of not dominating and leading the short lesson. Any ideas anyone? I am following the session by free-flow with my TA doing a musical instrument focus inside (recreating sounds for the events in the story) and I shall be outside re-telling the story through using props such as water, cut grass, mud, carpet tubes for trees etc.

Does anyone have any advice, comments or ideas? Thanks!

Zoziebell x

:o

Sorry, I hadn't realised about the different areas! Only just found them! I am going to try to make the objective one of the ages and stages points such as begin to....• Listen to stories with increasing attention and recall. That hopefully seems to be an achievable focus for my children. Do others use ages and stages points for objectives or do you tend to create a more specific LO? xx

Its not a problem, zozie.

I agree thats how you need to focus your LO and you could add something for success criteria too--so listening to sounds, maybe for your focus and then you should be able to assess attainment.

Good luck.

I am thinking now of doing the story map on the Monday now ready to use for retelling the story on the Tuesday so that as a class we can pack a bag for going on a bear hunt discussing what we might need to take and why (thanks Cait for idea from Polka theatre link). That way they will be able to have talk partners and the discussion will be mainly the children's with as little talk from me as possible. (They can take the bag outside on the bear hunt as well)The only problem I have now is choosing which ages and stages point is the best fir for the LO! xx

I generally have a range of ages and stages outcomes to cover all 'bases' . Sometimes I find a child will suddenly 'run' with a theme and achieve higher than I'd anticipated. Perhaps make an amalgam of various statements to make your own 'best fit'

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)