Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continous Provision Planning

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would kindly share their continous provision planning for reception class and then how they balance the adult led and child initiated within their planning!

Thank you so much, Ofsted looming!!!

Hello

Don't know if this helps but I teach a mixed FS/y1 class which is Y1 topic led as we have to link with the straight y1 class but I run the class in a FS approach.

I have a laminated sheet up with all the areas and record if any particular interest is developing that week by any particular children. For example this week the shapes have been popular to build mosaic style fireworks and rockets so I have added gummed shapes and coloured A5 paper to the area to support this. at the end of the week I will clean the board and start again on Monday. I worry that I have no evidence for showing that I enhance because we too are expecting Ofsted but I look back to last years paperwork when I was FS based and the amount of paper used is horrific!

Hello everyone, I am new to this so bare with me!! I teach a reception class in a private school and am in charge of our Foundation Stage which includes a nursery and reception class. Our nursery children are 3-4 year olds. I was wondering how many activities they should be doing per day? Could anyone with a similar nursery show me their daily routine? I do not feel they are being provided with enough stimilus.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Hi all

I have just joined the forum! I work in a foundation one class with 3-4 yrs olds. We have recently had a review form the county and they have suggested that we change our planning to include more detail about child initiated learning! I too would like to find out how others show current interests and planning for child initiated learning!

Please help!

Hi and welcome to the 2 new posters here and a big apology to Clair for not having responded to this sooner. I cant believe that this post has been so poorly responded too but as I am not working in FS atm I cant really help,

Have you tried a search?

Hope someone more helpful will be along soon!

Hi Ketch! We have recently updated our planning format - it is an A3 sheet which includes our adult led, child initiated and continuous provision on one. We have a seperate rolling programme of continuous provision for outdoors.

I am not sure if it is what you are looking for (or if it anything like anyone else does!) but I recently got outstanding using this format - I have attached a filled in copy for you to look at (well i hope it has attached!) it is the lesson I got outstanding for (with children and staff names removed)

I have also attached a blank one so you can see how it would fit on an A3 page.

Hope it makes sense - Emie

lesson_observation_11.1.12.docx

blank_planner_EYFS.docx

Hi Ketch! We have recently updated our planning format - it is an A3 sheet which includes our adult led, child initiated and continuous provision on one. We have a seperate rolling programme of continuous provision for outdoors.

I am not sure if it is what you are looking for (or if it anything like anyone else does!) but I recently got outstanding using this format - I have attached a filled in copy for you to look at (well i hope it has attached!) it is the lesson I got outstanding for (with children and staff names removed)

Thanks Emie

This is detailed and clear but I know my head is keen for us not to do loads of paper work!

We are going to get more advice from county advisors but I wanted to find out what others do!

Do you do all that daily or adapt it during the week to add any changes etc!

Thanks so much for your help I'm sure I can get some great ideas from your example!

Jo

Thanks Emie

This is detailed and clear but I know my head is keen for us not to do loads of paper work!

We are going to get more advice from county advisors but I wanted to find out what others do!

Do you do all that daily or adapt it during the week to add any changes etc!

Thanks so much for your help I'm sure I can get some great ideas from your example!

Jo

Thanks! The child inititated, introduction and adult led is changed daily - if necessary and I then just scribble on anything else I put in my continuous provision over the week - the continuous provision will be changed as and when the children need it to be - if that makes sense? Em

Thanks! The child inititated, introduction and adult led is changed daily - if necessary and I then just scribble on anything else I put in my continuous provision over the week - the continuous provision will be changed as and when the children need it to be - if that makes sense? Em

usually changed once a week

Thanks for sharing your planning. It is very indepth, do you plan your phonics seperatly?

Hi,

Yes I have a seperate sheet for planning - which is a weekly overview. Then my continuous provision goes on to that daily plan.

Emie

Hi,

Yes I have a seperate sheet for planning - which is a weekly overview. Then my continuous provision goes on to that daily plan.

Emie

I really like your planning format can you explain a bit more about your class ratio and when you expect the children to do the CI and then use the continuous provision areas. Also you mention CO is that your TA?

I really like your planning format can you explain a bit more about your class ratio and when you expect the children to do the CI and then use the continuous provision areas. Also you mention CO is that your TA?

yes CO is my TA thought id took that off! oooops! :)

Guest ktgoodwin

Hi this is my first post and not sure if I have done it right?

I am also struggling with coming up with an effective planning format. I have tried to open the documents you have put on here of your planning, but they don't seem to download properly on my computer?? Are they a word document??

Thanks

Katy

Hi this is my first post and not sure if I have done it right?

I am also struggling with coming up with an effective planning format. I have tried to open the documents you have put on here of your planning, but they don't seem to download properly on my computer?? Are they a word document??

Thanks

Katy

Hello - congrats on your first post!

Yes they are in word format - Is there another format that would be better for you? I could transfer them in to a new format no problem

Emie

Hello - congrats on your first post!

Yes they are in word format - Is there another format that would be better for you? I could transfer them in to a new format no problem

Emie

I'd love to see your planning too. If you don't mind would you be able to save it in an earlier word format please, as I have not got the latest version of word? Thanks!

Thanks EmieJ. Have you uploaded those before? The snowflake poem is familiar.

No I havent uploaded them before! I may well have got the poem from off here though! :)

:o Thanks for that it is interesting to see how others are planning for enhaced provision Jo
Here is a Enhanced planner if it helps anyone- and some space ideas

• 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)