Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Visual Prompts For Children With Eal And Special Needs

Can anybody help.......

I work at a nursery where we have a lot of children with EAL, i want to implement the use of pictorial cards to indicate each change in the daily routine to aid communication with children with EAL and additional needs. Does anybody know where i can get any pictures to indicate things such as nappy time, toilet dinner etc. I use to have a really good set which were from Stockpot portage service but can not find them.

Thanks

Kirsty

• 2 weeks later...
Can anybody help.......

I work at a nursery where we have a lot of children with EAL, i want to implement the use of pictorial cards to indicate each change in the daily routine to aid communication with children with EAL and additional needs. Does anybody know where i can get any pictures to indicate things such as nappy time, toilet dinner etc. I use to have a really good set which were from Stockpot portage service but can not find them.

Thanks

Kirsty

I have used the resources on the cbb's site...they have some resources on there (or at least used to which for example show a picture of a toilet, a photo of a toilet, the makaton sign for toilet, and the word)....if you google makaton cbeebies you should find the section then be able to find the signage section.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anybody help.......

Thanks

Kirsty

i fyou get in touch with your early years team or senco they will give you details of website and resources , I will try and dig out links for and post :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)