Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Running Out Of Ideas

Hi, i have been minding now since may, and have had my first inspection which i received a good grade. so have been doing ok.

I have a theme each month for my group planning which also includes continuous play and learning.

But i am struggling on the planning side for furthur learning and development especially for the under 2 year old, i include the usual sensory, ict toys, outdoor play, role play seems impossible for under 2's.

please some activity ideas to put into my planning would really be appreciated

Tea sets, Dolls, Home corner, turn it into a shop with some food and a till. Little ones often love posting things so post office - 'write' a postcard and post it home to Mummy and Daddy, Ask for pictures of people important to the children and stick them where the stamp goes then write the address on and laminate the 'letter' for posting (over and over).

Might go and do that last one myself.

Honey

for role play why not have a box of hats and bags; teaset, saucepans and spoons, etc just simple 'domestic' playthings so children can explore and use everyday items they see around them

Posy

thanks Posy, yes your right i should use more real things for role play, i might get my shoes out and do a shoe shop too, even the little ones loves shoes.

Tea sets, Dolls, Home corner, turn it into a shop with some food and a till. Little ones often love posting things so post office - 'write' a postcard and post it home to Mummy and Daddy, Ask for pictures of people important to the children and stick them where the stamp goes then write the address on and laminate the 'letter' for posting (over and over).

Might go and do that last one myself.

Honey

Hi Honey

yes i could use a old cardboard box as the post box, thanks

My oldest son loved nothing more than a box of old clothes my mom saved as dusters and the egg poacher. Hours of play value in both of them. Youngest son was always happy with a box of stickers and free rein.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)