Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Online Learning?

Hello everyone, well after finishing my EY degree I have pondered on my next challenge and probably always was going to try to achieve QTS - so today I signed up for my bug-bearing hold ups in life - GCSE science and Maths - I managed my nursery whilst doing the degree so I guess I can do these two annoyances - anyone doneit this way? I can't apply for PGCE until I have them so here I go again on the study train - choo choo! Any advice, comments welcomed :)

Aaw thanks Hali - I have just been on BBC Bitesize Maths and I was horribly confused! I have to sit an exam soon and haven't even started! Bring on the late nights again.. Thanks again lovey xx

Hi there

When I re did my maths a few years ago (4 years I think) I couldn't find an online course that suited me & that wasn't too expensive, I contacted my local collage & the tutor agreed to see me for 30 minutes every other week. I found this to be really useful and within that 30 mins we could focus on my areas of weakness.

It may be worth asking?

Good Luck.

Aaw thanks Hali - I have just been on BBC Bitesize Maths and I was horribly confused! I have to sit an exam soon and haven't even started! Bring on the late nights again.. Thanks again lovey xx

Bitesize maths is ok but my daughter Y10 uses Conquer Maths Sadly it isn't free but it is great. You chose the module you want to do and you have an online lesson explaining the subject ie algebra....if you don't understand a bit you can go back over and over again if required and once the unit is over you do a test which you then have marked and it records your score and progress. My daughter likes the way she can replay bits where necessary as she feels she couldn't keep asking her teacher at school to repeat herself until Em gets it.

As for science.....I run when she has anything but biology homework....hate chemistry & physics :o

Good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)