Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Internet

Had some great inservice training today - just wanted to share - did you know the information on the web doubles in size every 58 days - just look at all the information on this site.

Steve how fast is the stored info on this site growing.

The backups are certainly increasing in size Mimi! :)

Although it's not as big as it might seem. The forum conversations are stored very efficiently in a database, and currently only take up around 50 MB of space - text can be compressed very efficiently.

But I'm not surprised about your figure - whereas it used to be quite expensive to provide storage for data, it's now incredibly cheap, and providing permanent access to information which might otherwise have to be archived is changing the way we work and live.

But Rea ........ with 1,407 postings you must a right whizz by now !!!!!!!!!!! xD:(:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes:

Just look at my piddly 150 !!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a very happy last 1/2 term (have you planned what comes next yet ????)

janice :o

Janice,

I hate to disillusion you, but output here on the site doesn't necessarily equate to ability - does it, Rea :o

I can still give Rea a run for her money on the computer skills stakes!!

Sue :(xD

Absolutly right Sue. Afterall, I have no idea how the intenal combustion engine works either but I still drive! :o

Janice, I'm thinking of going into something completley different, horticulture! But then again maybe not, I really have no definite plans, just ideas. I could do a computer course and confound you all with my techno wizardry. xD

Or maybe be a stay at home mom, I've done half a day today and I had a meal of real meat and veg on the table by 4.30. The washing was done and the beds made. That felt really good. :D

Now now Rea, Just think of what you can do.....

Turn on the computer, log onto the internet, surf the net, register on this site, load up an avatar, signature, display posts, but you say all this is a foreign language to you............ we are not fooled for a minute.

I can probably do more than that too mimi, it's the jargon thats evades me. Practical tasks are a sinch, but reading and working out jargon are not so easy. I rarely read labels or instruction. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)